[Spridgets] oh oh toy boys

b-evans at earthlink.net b-evans at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 13 10:08:27 MST 2008

Michael Rowe wrote:   "Remember when a car "Made in America" was a joke?"

A few years ago, Pam and I were looking for a new car.  When we went
into a Toyota dealer, we were pounced upon by an American salesman of
about 60+.   In our discussions about quality, workmanship, etc., he
complained how poorly American cars were made.   Almost in the same
breath,, he said that he had worked on the assembly line for Ford, and
as a strong union man, he hated the company.    He bragged how he loved
to tie a Coke bottle on a string and hang it inside the door, and how
others on the assembly line would do other malicious damage to THEIR
product!   How he whooped at the cost to the company to locate and "fix"
the problems that had been deliberately caused by he and his friends.

The strangest thing, the fool did not realize that HE was "Problem One",
and totally unrelated to "Quality is Job One"!   Nor how he contributed
to the decline of  the  American motor industry.

BE