[Spridgets] Snow days

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 11:55:33 MST 2008

Yup. It is.  In the olden days, we used to just say "It's gonna rain
today".  Then some egghead decided we should use probabilistic
terminology which most people don't understand.

I ask you, which statement tells you more about the weather?....

1) There are going to be some showers in the area this afternoon and
if you are under one it will rain pretty hard for a few minutes. If
they miss you you'll be dry.

2) A 30% chance for showers.

Cheers!!
Jim

On 2/9/08, Dave G. <dmg at bossig.com> wrote:
> I'm glad you feel better now  ;-))
> ]
> Could you please explain "100% chance of rain"!!   <G>
> Isn't 100% a sure thing??
>
> Now "I" feel better  ;-))
>
> dmg
>

> On 9 Feb 2008 at 12:35, Jim Johnson wrote:
>
> >> Sorry for the rant, but we meteorologists HATE it when the media
> >> bull$its the public like that!!
> >>
> >> Okay - I feel better now....
>

> --
> Dave G.
> '65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA
> "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.
> But I'm not so sure about the universe."  ... Albert Einstein.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!
For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>