[Spridgets] Please define idiot...

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:30:02 MST 2008

I also have problems with the idea that it won't work below 8 to 15 mph.
This is certainly not true on our Chevy PU. I live on a hill with brick
streets. There is a stop sign at the bottom of the hill. Very often when it
snows, one has to be very careful driving down the hill to the stop sign. We
coast the truck very slowly down this hill on icy roads (less than 5 mph
indicated). When the brakes are applied the ABS kicks in and continues until
the vehicle stops. You can feel it!

I don't know how ABS is done on cars and trucks, but I have overhauled the
ABS on my BMW motorcycle and know that as long as the wheel is moving at
all, the tiny teeth on the ABS wheel are sensed by the ABS sensor and the
system is active. This can happen at less than one MPH!

Cheers!!
Jim

On Feb 8, 2008 3:17 PM, Robert Duquette <robertduquette at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> This just in.  As I was backing into my driveway, I recalled this
> conversation, so I sped up a touch and hit the brakes hard.  So ... ABS
> kicked in in reverse. ( 2001 Subaru Outback VDC )
>
> Robert D.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!

For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>