[Spridgets] Windage tray

dmeadow at juno.com dmeadow at juno.com
Tue Feb 5 15:49:23 MST 2008

Ron,

I have successfully used the Winners Circle competition oil pan on
several cars over the past 6 years.  It has "wings" and a windage area
with a trap door.  I know of at least a dozen other Midgets that are
using them and I know of no oil pressure issues with any of them.  I've
run mine without an Accusump although most of the other people I know use
an Accusump along with the pan.  I'm installing an Accusump my wife gave
me for Xmas before our first race this month.  "Cheap insurance" as they
say.

I think WC has two designs, one with a removable windage tray so you can
clean out the pan more easily after an engine disaster.  I think
Speedwell has a similar design.  I believe it comes with a custom oil
pickup.

In the "olden days" people used to cut off the bottom of a stock sump,
then weld a few inches of another stock sump on it to creat a couple
extra inches of capacity.  They'd extend the pickup, as well.  A friend
of mine has an example that he took off an old 1098 race motor.

Good luck!  See you at Mid-Ohio??

David Littlefield