[Spridgets] heads up on "rust converters"

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Sun Feb 3 09:25:01 MST 2008

I really have no opinion, one way or the other, on Eastwood.  I don't
deal with them, since I buy most of my tools & supplies from industrial
suppliers, rather than mail order, or retail outlets (with the exception
of TIP, of which I have a pretty positive opinion).  However, they're
response, so far, seems to indicate that they are not trying to weasel
out of anything, by trying to blame their customers.  I'll keep the
Spridget list informed of any future developments on the issue.
My point is to warn others about a potentially serious problem with a
rust encapsulation product.  Of course, my personal and professional
opinion of rust encapsulator is that it is just another form of snake
oil, and is a huge waste of time, effort and money.
Bud Osbourne