[Spridgets] No more restorations for me

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 1 07:37:59 MST 2008

>Yeah!  I'd pay Frank to do my Midget!

That almost sounds rude. ;)

Around here, it would be around $4000 for metal work and prep for paint
including patch panel purchase, special patch fabrication, welding and paint
prep.  Paint extra.

Using taco wrappers would significantly reduce the price, but they get you
on the repeat business :)

My first car used to get patched and painted every year by a neighbour (
$100 ) in his driveway.  If a sudden wind came up, the paint texture would
be like sandpaper. :)  My brakes failed suddenly one day and I tapped a Chev
Nova back bumper.  One front fender detached at the top and sprung out and
the other detached and sprung out at the bottom.

I have a bondo bucket '66 Midget that I bought as a parts car ( that I can't
really access and don't use.  It's been sitting in my garage for, what, 5 or
6 years and I've been waiting for something to bubble and fall off and it
just sits there ... waiting.

But, I ramble ... waiting for the storm.