[Spridgets] Non LBC - Delete now - Dodge Dakota Question or the fall of US Car Manufacturer's

Brent Wolf wolf.brent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 15:37:05 MST 2008

I am sorry about the Non LBC post.

Has anyone replaced the front wheel bearings on a Dodge Dakota - about 2002
Model?  According to parts houses, they are sealed so Replace entire hub
assembly. So instead of $20 for bearings it is $200 for Hub assemblies.

More environmental friendly manufacturing - Now there is a question - what
is the environmental impact of the manufacture of the worthless sealed
bearing front hub assembly compared to the 3 - 4 ounces of grease to
lubricate the bearings?

for What Stupid reason would any automotive engineer put sealed bearings on
the front end of a 2 wd vehicle?  Sealed bearings have a very limited life
span and only for a very limited application - and neither one of those is
the front end of a vehicle.

Ask me if I care if Chrysler, Ford or Chevy survive?

Again I apologize for the Non LBC post and the rant.