[Spridgets] Chinese Made "Stuff"

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 08:24:43 MST 2008

Ummm.....     Fender makes the Stratocaster, Kate.    Gibson makes the Les
Paul which is my choice of electrics from that firm. The old Gibson
Hummingbird was a decent guitar but in 50 years of playing I have yet to
find a Gibson acoustic which I think is the equal of a Martin. The Strat is
okay but I prefer the old Telecaster from Fender and my favorite acoustic is
my 1956 Martin D-28 Herringbone.  I do have a favorite Gibson but it is a
Mastertone Banjo, not a guitar. The Gibson Loyd Loar F-5 Mandolin is also a
treasure if you can find/afford one!

Cheers!!
Jim

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 11:00 PM, Kathryn Bales <kgb at frontiernet.net> wrote:

> The two best pickers I know both use Gibson Stratocasters.  I still plunk
> around on my 50 year old Gianinni acoustic.
>
> Kate
>
>>  Allowing that I know absolutely zero about the subject, I was impressed
>> by the Gibson tour.  What say you about them?  They impressed my teeny
>> little mind about the subject.
>>
>> LAD

Cheers!!
Jim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough
to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson