[Spridgets] Chinese Made "Stuff"

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 20:21:19 MST 2008

Not so fast there....   The Chinese make the Chang Jiang motorcycle. It was
copied from the BMW R71. You know... the one that Germany used throughout
WWII.  They still make it to look like the original R71 they copied all
those years ago. The trouble is, that while relatively cheap, it is still
1940s technology. Moreover, all the castings, wiring, paint, chrome and
metal work are $hit. I have twice attempted to help people put the kit
version together. Nothing fits. The tolerances are terrible, the metal
alloys are $hit. Both times it cost more than the kit was worth to
re-machine, re-wire, re-paint everything to get it working. Bearings
disintigrated, wiring burned up, we had to put German pistons and rings in
them, plating and paint peeled off....    etc   etc   etc.

The original German machine was beautiully made and everything was precise.
The Chinese copy was badly done to begin with and it hasn't changed in over
60s years. It is still a bucket of manure. China is flooding America with
crap of every imagineable kind. I don't believe for a moment that they don't
know any better! They are just taking stupid Americans for their money.
P.T. Barnum was right. And we are the suckers because not only do we no
longer manufacture things, we continue to support the Chinese industries
that are cranking out $hit.

Your experience with Chinese manufacturing may differ from mine but I don't
intend to support the Bas#*ds unless they start making quality or until
people in this country see the light and start manufacturing well made
American products again.  We're going broke selling "services" in this
country. We need to make and sell "things".

There.   I feel better now......

Cheers!!
Jim