[Spridgets] Top Gear

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 23:07:35 MST 2008

--- On Wed, 12/24/08, WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com <WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com>
wrote:  Anyone know if there is any USA motoring programmes I can watch in a
similar
way - cannot be live time as I don't have a licence...

Not sure what is available for you, but there really isn't an American
equivalent to Top Gear.  That is a great show.  My son and I watch it every
week (although the episodes we get are a year or so out of date like most
everything else on BBC America)  We also watch Dr. Who - I enjoy this Tennant
guy more than any of the previous Doctors by the way.

You might try looking for programs from our 'Speed Channel'.  This is where we
get our Formula 1 fixes.  Unfortunately, seems like two out of three shows
other than F1 are somehow related to NASCAR (or NASCRAP as my 13 year old son
refers to it).  I would suggest looking for Speed titles such as: "My Classic
Car" and "Car Crazy" - both good shows that highlight car shows and such.  If
you're a drag racing fan, there is "Pinks" where two competing car owners race
for titles (pink slips), or "Pinks All Out" where the show picks 16 cars
with very close ET's, then pair them up till you get a winner who takes
home cash and a big tool box.

  - David