[Spridgets] Need Carb - No LBC

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Tue Dec 23 20:09:38 MST 2008

> <<Qjets should be banned from use for being a pain in every aspect of
> carburetion.>>

> HOWEVER, B.S. !!!!
> EQUAL & GREAT results with BOTH over the last 35 years of El
> Caminos<VBG>!!!!

I hate to have to agree with Ed, but he is right. QJets are a bit different,
but VERY versatile and quite potent. Why the heck do you think FORD used
them on the 427 CobraJet? Those tiny primaries give great throttle response
and good economy when you are behaving yourself and keeping your foot out of
it. When you do put your foot down, those vacuum-actuated secondaries (don't
forget that SU carbs are also vacuum-actuated) kick in just exactly as much
as required and feed those horses the stuff they need. Properly tuned they
are much better than most Holleys. Hotrodders simply hate to use a stock
carb. QJets can be adapted to anything from 200CID up to 500CID with a few
jets and a handful of needles (sound familiar?).
David Lieb