[Spridgets] THEFT! Spridgetech - Please Read

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 21:24:03 MST 2008

A while back someone broke into the Miata.  Actually all they did was
reach in through the unlocked door and pop the trunk.  They left the
trunk lid open.  They didn't take anything.  The 20something deputy
sheriff that showed up was polite, professional, and proceeded to take
fingerprints with a kit he pulled from the trunk of the cruiser.  We
got a call a few days later telling us that they had a suspect in
custody for the several cars that were burglarized in the area and for
a stolen car that was found abandoned nearby.  Not a bad showing for
the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office, if you ask me.
I've had things stolen before, including a car.  A 12g rock salt load
applied to the rear of a thief would really be satisfying sometimes.