[Spridgets] bent frame rails

bv bvsprite at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 12:21:28 MST 2008

David,
I'm not saying it is't so, but as an engineer myself, I like to see
documentation and/or a 'factory specification', or tech-note.  I've learned
long ago, you can never 'trust' what someone thinks they heard, or what
someone else said they saw.
According to every BMC workshop manual I have for the sprite/midget(I have 2
orginals and two reproductions). They all show the frame alignment
specifications, and the jigs used, but it mentions nothing about an upward
bend in the frame. It does give all the exact measurements between all
suspension mounting points from side to side and front to back.
If there is supposed to be a slight 'rise' to the front frame rails, it should
be shown here, especially if this is what a 'collision repair shop' is using
to check the frame.
I'm just playing devils advocate here, and  would jike to finally resolve if
this is really fact or myth.

Regards,
Bryan