[Spridgets] Thoughts for the Midget 50th

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Dec 17 17:54:58 MST 2008

Kathryn Bales wrote:
> It seems that events of this type are always held east of the
> Mississippi.

Lake of the Ozarks was WEST of the Mississippi, I know, I drove across
the Mississippi.
And yes St Louis WAS under water when I went through on the way to LotO :)
Healey 92 was in Colorado, again a little bit WEST of the Mississippi.
I don't care where it is, I'll drive my Sprite there even if it's in San
Diego.
So everyone else has 2.5 years advanced notice, prep the Spridget in
case you have to drive across country.
Yeah, yeah, "What if it breaks down?" Got a cell phone? Get AAA or some
other roadside assistance program.
What if your modern plastic car broke down 1000 miles from home? Could
you fix it? Nope, AAA and a cell phone. :)
Now if you prep your Spridget now, you will know how to FIX it IF it
breaks down miles from home.
Like banging on the fuel pump to get it to work again, that doesn't work
on a Honda.
Filing the points on a stone from the side of the road, try THAT on your
Toyota!
Or even getting the dirt out of those SU carbs, if you have a fuel
injection problem on your new Chevy, you're gonna call AAA from your
cell phone.
No excuses, you have time to prepare your car for the 2011 meet. You may
have to drive it 2000 miles.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ