[Spridgets] Rebuilding the Datsun 5 speed...

Bill Masquelier billmasq at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:35:31 MST 2008

Only thing to watch out for (far as I have heard) is that some of the new
syncro rings don't fit and you could have a non-syncro trans really quick.
If you replace the syncros just test fit them to the gear to see that they
seem to grab properly before you put it together for real.
Bill> From: Charles.M.Love2 at boeing.com> To: spridgets at autox.team.net> Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:08:18 -0600> Subject: [Spridgets] Rebuilding the Datsun 5
speed...> > We have a transmission that is the one recommended by Rivergate
for their> conversion.> > Has anyone rebuilt one of these? Are there any
gotchas to watch out for> when doing this?> > We have the manual from
Rivergate on the rebuild procedure, but we've never> done a transmission
before.> > Just a little nervous...> > Charles M. "Monty" Love > Dynetics,
Inc. > 256-461-2780 > 256-337-5581 (Cell)> 256-882-1543 (Home)> ET Test > >
The greatest revolutions come not by the discovery of something new. They>
happen when someone radically changes or challenges what was always there.>