[Spridgets] Megasquirt

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sat Dec 13 10:51:24 MST 2008

> Also where would one
> mount a trigger wheel on the A series?  The logical place is the damper,
> but
> could you get it on there and still be able to change the fan belt without
> pulling the engine?  Or at least raising it off the front mounts?

Hal,
What I have seen done is to take the damper to a machine shop and have them
machine the rim of it to BE the trigger wheel. Loses a little weight AND
eliminates the need to add more moving weight; double win! If the rim moves
in relation to the center, however, it could make life interesting. Probably
be a good idea to cut a line across from rim to center in two or three spots
to be able to check for movement.
David Lieb