[Spridgets] Beading

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 09:02:46 MST 2008

--- On Sun, 12/7/08, Michael Rowe <mdrowe at optonline.net> wrote: "What is the
general reaction to this situation, and how much does lack of beading reduce
the value of an otherwise reasonable car?"

I personally couldn't give less of a crap about whether a car is original or
not - I believe in altering a vehicle to make it more suitable to your own
performance or looks needs.  BUT I have serious doubts when it comes to a car
with body filler on seams when it was not originally there.  Often, these
places flex a bit and the filler and paint ends up cracking.  How any times
have you seen a B with those two body seams filled just in front of the
trunk?  Many of those that I've seen are cracked.

In looking at Spridgets all last year, I saw quite a few with the body seams
filed in at the rockers.  These cars got an immediate pass from me.  Not sure
what this did for the value, but it affected the number of people interesed by
at least one.  I don't remember specifically seeing non-beaded cars, but
unless I was told they were done in lead I might be tempted to pass.
 - David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island