[Spridgets] Service Interval Counters

David Riker davriker at nwi.net
Mon Dec 1 21:56:03 MST 2008

The counters were to turn on the "Catalyst" idiot light.  Once the light
comes on, you are supposed to drive to your nearest British Leyland dealer
and have the catalytic converter replaced.  If your car was sold in
California new, the first replacement is free.

Now, where is that dealer located????

You can replace your speedometer cables with a single one and eliminate the
counter,  unless you are in California, where all emissions equipment must
be in place and functioning in order to pass the SMOG tests.

David Riker

P.S.  Picture that same senario when you can't get your Chevy Silverado to
pass smog and it has to be crushed because GM and Delphi are out of
business.