[Spridgets] My bug eye problems

Matt Hagopian mhagopian at hoppetool.com
Sun Aug 31 01:19:09 MDT 2008

We dont actually have to weld, we took the piece out of the piston and it
didnt break through, smoothing it out. I didnt check the chain myself, I
will ask my grandfather about that. As for grinding them down... There is an
unneccessary "extrude groove" sorry couldnt think of the word to describe
it, and it is scoring the pistons as you can see. Our remedy is to grind
that extrusion off of the valves to keep it from hitting. All my grandfather
does is build race engines for Jaguars. This is our first experience with a
1275cc and frankly neither one of us knows much about it. I would love some
good info about the car itself (yes Im picking up a book on it) if someone
cares to share any "secrets". Basically its a cheap racecar for me and
whoever else wants to use it as my grandfather runs 2 series one Jaguar
XKE's.

Matt~

--
Sincerely,