[Spridgets] exhaust manifold flange question

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 09:34:54 MDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Chris Manuel <cmanuel at wi.rr.com> wrote:

While unbolting one of the flange studs on my 1098, an ear broke off.  Any
practical way to fix that or just move on and find another?

The stock manifold for a 1098 was a clamp style. If you have studs, it came
from a 1275 (in case you want to find another one to replace it). The other
answers are options. If you can use a through bolt with an appropriate
washer on the broken ear side it will hold up well. I have done that on
several occasions.  I usually remove the studs, drill the holes and use
stainless steel bolts whenever I can. Much less hassle than trying to remove
some rusted up stud nut!

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye