[Spridgets] tach question, pos earth 66 MK3 1098

David Groundwater dwgwater at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 29 22:04:44 MDT 2008

Chris,
I found these two sites helpful.  I ordered a capacitor and two transistors,
then got impatient, bought a capacitor at Radio Shack and installed it before
the stuff I ordered came.  The capacitor stopped the needle from bouncing all
over, so I decided not to push my luck and am going to leave it alone. If you
want a couple transistors and a capacitor, let me know.

Dave

http://www.hazelden.ca/austinhealey/RebuildingBJ8Tach/

http://www.classictiger.com/techtips/motach.html

> From: cmanuel at wi.rr.com> To: spridgets at autox.team.net> Date: Fri, 29 Aug
2008 21:05:44 -0500> Subject: [Spridgets] tach question, pos earth 66 MK3
1098> > Hi-> > I've got a head scratcher here. I pretty much have my engine
running right> for now (fun runs around the block) but I cannot get my tach to
work.> Thinking it was possibly broken, I tried an alternative with the right>
polarity and still no go.> > The stock tach does jump when I turn the key but
does nothing after it> starts. > > Is there a wire crossed somewhere? Even
connecting my old tach to the coil> I got nothing, and I can confirm the
engine was running.> > Chris> > 66 MKIII > Brookfield, WI>