[Spridgets] Was: Bad MG news from Automotive News Now: DemiseofAuto Industry

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Fri Aug 29 06:59:52 MDT 2008

I didn't say they were exploitive, I said they are hard to compete with.
The only harshness in my message was the implication that Americans are
whining that they can't drive their Winnebagos to the Rockies for 50
bucks worth of gas anymore. We've been blessed with extremely low energy
costs over the years, which was a competitive advantage for us. It
provided us with discretionary income to the extent that even working
class people could own several cars, a bass boat, and a widescreen TV. I
haven't seen that in Asia yet, but my kids will probably see it. Things
are shifting around now. It's going to be harder for us.

Yes, I've been to Asia.