[Spridgets] Was: Bad MG news from Automotive News Now: Demise of Auto Industry

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 14:46:38 MDT 2008

I think Billy is right.  Having read a lot of the history of the British car
industry including living in that country for 6 years in the 1960s, I feel
there are clear similarities with what is happening in this country today.
Over-regulation and high fuel costs are killing the industry in this country
just as it did in Britain. Unless this country wakes up very quickly big
government taxes and regulation will drive all our industry to Asia and our
language and customs will disappear as we transition to majority Spanish
speaking. I hope I'm wrong form my descendants sake, but I really doubt it.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Billy Zoom <billyzoom at billyzoom.com> wrote:

> > MG cancels plans to bring TF to North America
> Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of other Chinese cars to choose
> from in the very near future.

Cheers!!
Jim