[Spridgets] Motor removal

Matt Hagopian mhagopian at hoppetool.com
Mon Aug 25 23:03:22 MDT 2008

Subject: My Spridget

Guys I just wanted to make this clear. My grandfather bought this car two
weeks ago on Ebay from Bud Pazur (member on here), He raced it twice. I
recieved the car last week, got a chance to take a quick glance, clean off
the rotors and pads of WD-40 and put the air filters on. My grandfather took
it to the track for the first time 5 days after recieving it. After one lap
the car stalled and wouldnt start back up. the coil popped out (no big
deal). re-attached and went back out, made 2.5 more laps and the engine
seized. Now, I have never worked on a spridget. My grandfather and I are
Jaguar guys (in fact we just raced in the 24 Hueres of Lemons race in
stafford springs, ct this past weekend!). So when I asked for the proceedure
on removal of the engine, I just wanted the fastest way to get it out
properly (races for the next 3 weekends). It isnt out yet, havent had a
chance. If the cylinder walls are damaged our bugeye is being bored out to a
1380cc and we will be using 12:1 pistons. I read in a magazine that a
conservative redline is 7500rpm and a race redline is 9000rpm. Im thinking
about using an 8000rpm msd chip.. any thoughts?

Matt

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Jim Johnson <bmwwxman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unless, of course, you are using the Gorilla method where you disconnect
> everything, then turn the car upside down and shake......    ;-)
>
> Cheers!!
> Jim
>
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:34 PM, K. Valentine <kevin at valentinephoto.net
> >wrote: