[Spridgets] Another Bugeye Lowering Question

Herby herby at herbytoys.com
Mon Aug 25 20:16:16 MDT 2008

Since my MK II tub is on a rotisserie it was an easy measure. The pocket is
5 inches deep and the spring depth is about 4-1/2 inches. I measured all the
way out to the lower lip edge.

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby at herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com

Does anyone reading this know what length  I should make the wedges? I want
the leaf spring to get full purchase on the  spring seat, so I want the
wedge
to go into the receiver end as far as possible,  while ending in line with
the
end of the spring perch. My car is still fully  assembled and I can not tell

how deep the spring reaches into the mounting area.  If anyone happens to
know,
or if you happen to have a set of 1/4 elliptics handy  that may show some
markings, or if you have a Bugeye with the springs removed, I  would
appreciate
knowing the depth of the receiver in which the 1/4 elliptic  leaf springs
reach.

Thank you all.