[Spridgets] Holy Sprite parts list

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 18:08:19 MDT 2008

I had some time tonight to try and figure out just what parts some of
you may have that the Holy Sprite could use.
This is a used part wish list, not a new part wish list.
New parts that have to be new are brakes, bushings, misc rubber, and
stuff like that.
So for any good used parts you might want to get rid of, and look at the
bright side, this frees up room so you can go get more parts you may
never need ;)

Decent stock muffler (it's a priest remember) No cherry bombs please.
undented rear bumperettes, powder coat-able or nice shiny ones.
Rear bumper irons, I do have the smaller loops but not the under side
brackets.
Gas tank any model Spridget  tank will work.doesn't have to be Bugeye.
Windshield, at least the glass or a good used one. (2 stud)
Blower motor housing, the motor is great, the housing is gone. (I have
one that is cracked and will work)
2 semi nice hubcaps, we have 2 already and a bunch of curbed ones.
A couple of bugeye wheels the ones with the holes. I found out one of
mine was bent when we were changing out George's bent rims yesterday. I
have (hopefully) 2 good ones and 1 bent one. I have to check my storage
coop to see if I have any more.
Bonnet hinges, I do have a pair but they are bent as I found out when I
did my 58. (58 thru 67 hinges, not the scissors)
Door latch strikers, the B post cones, Now you know why the doors were
taped shut in the pictures.
Lamps, not headlamps, but everything else, tail, turn, front & back. At
least the beehive lenses red/clear

Good news on the new parts list, the Holy Sprite has rebuilt A arms with
brand new king pins and wheel bearings.
That just saved a couple hundred bucks!
I believe the brake rotors were new in 1978 and I will see if they can
be cut at the machine shop.
The Holy Sprite has a new front end, even the coil springs are new but
they are for a 1500.
This car has ZERO miles on the front end rebuild, just 30 years sitting
somewhere.
I also think I am going to have the bonnet media blasted as it has some
surface rust on the underside.
Remember, surface rust in NJ turns to blisters and swiss cheese in a
year around here. And Fr Jack lives 2 houses from the Atlantic!
Electrical outlets rust over there. So do aluminum storm doors and
gutters. They turn to white powder.
So I'll get it blasted and epoxy prime the underside just to play it
safe. It's just too hard to clean out all those nooks and crannys under
the bonnet.
That's it for now, I'm sure I missed a few things but that's a start.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ