[Spridgets] H1 return springs

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Mon Aug 25 15:19:20 MDT 2008

OK Spridgeteers, Here's another conundrum I've run into. The pistons on the
H1s don't lift more than halfway. If I remove the return spring inside the
top, the piston lifts fine to the top and drops as normally expected. It
appears that the spring above the piston has too great of a solid length, I
checked that they are sitting appropriately into their recesses when I
reassembled the top. Is the solid height on the HS2 carb greater than the H1s,
and could that be how this happened? (someone thought there was no difference
when there was).I had H1s on my '59 Volvo and don't remember the springs above
the piston (however there are other things from that era that I don't remember
either).
I was planning on putting a pair of HS2s on it anyway, but it's be nice to
know.
TIA,

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779