[Spridgets] Best Spridget Clutch for Racing

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Wed Aug 20 13:25:10 MDT 2008

As one who drives a Tartan Red Spridget, and a Ruby Red Porsche 356B, I
can tell you from experience that the absolute BEST "color" for your car
is the one with the headlights switched ON and the driver fully
concentrating on the job at hand (that would be driving).  No cell
phones/I-pods, newspapers, books, make-up, or turning away to look at
your passenger.
I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had people pull out right
in front of my red cars (I used to drive a bright red Volkswagen QSW
every day, and (many years ago) a bright red BMW 2002.  I've also
owned/driven white cars, blue cars, green cars, silver cars and black
cars.  I've probably comfortably over a million (accident-free) miles
and, from my experience, no matter WHAT you are driving, or what color
it is: some moron will always pull out in front of you/turn across your
lane, etc.  The only way to avoid them is to have an "escape plan" in
mind at all times and constantly evolving to fit the driving situation
at the moment.
Oh, yeah.....one other (perhaps THE) major thing:  Inclusion in God's
good graces.  You see, the way I look at it is that God does most of the
protecting, but, he expects us to take care of ourselves, too.  If we
get too confident and start doing too much stupid stuff; he's likely to
reach down and SLAP us ;)
Bud Osbourne