[Spridgets] Best Spridget Clutch for Racing

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Tue Aug 19 20:11:17 MDT 2008

Greetings All.

I'm just back from a hectic week in Monterey.  While out there, the shop
working on my Turner (948 A engine & trans) called to tell me the clutch was
pretty shot.  I won't know what size is in there until I pull the engine
beginning tomorrow night.  But, I THINK it's a 7-1/4 inch.  The number on
the pressure plate is HA1062.  Anyone know what that is?

While I will only be using the Turner for racing as driving a BRG, RHD
Turner here in Florida would be suicide, I don't necessarily need a
full-bore racing clutch.

I used the standard heavy-duty Borg & Beck in my MGB & just changed discs
annually.  That was a car I drove daily & raced a few times for 6 years.  I
haven't found anything comparable yet for the Spridget system in the Turner.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner Mk1