[Spridgets] Oil Pressure too high

Mark & Joanna hannamj at juno.com
Mon Aug 18 15:17:43 MDT 2008

I had a similar problem with my new 1380. A ball bearing with the stock
pressure relief valve spring produces too much oil pressure.
You can cut down the spring. Trial and error. Or, I bought a nifty adjustable
pressure relief valve with a new shorter spring. Now I can dial in any
pressure I like. Go for 55 to 60 PSI hot max. Any more and you risk
overheating the oil at the journals, causing oil leaks, robbing precious HP,
etc. I got my adjustable pressure relief valve from APT. They are very nice
folks who really know their stuff. In dealing with APT you will not be sorry.
Mark and Joanna (AN5-Colorado)