[Spridgets] Holy Sheet

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 19:58:55 MDT 2008

 I have a hard time calling it Jack shit or Holy shit but the first of 2
major oshit meetings for work on the Holy Sprite
will be the weekend of 9/26-9/28.
I have room for about 3 or 4 *guests*, more if you don't mind the floor.
There is a new Comfort Inn just 5 blocks away on the highway too.
This first meet will be for body work, sanding, adjustments, welding,
panel fabrication, and fender beating.
If you know body work, please come by, if you want to learn, you are
more then welcome too.
I want to get the car to bare metal, fix what ever needs fixin, and have
it epoxy primed Sunday afternoon.
I know this is possible as Kevin and I did something very similar to his
Midget last year.
That was just 2 of us working a couple of long days.
I have a decent compressor, if you have air tools, bring them. I have
the paint guns but sanders are sort of scarce as I only have one of each.
I will know a little more when I see the car in person and study it, I
can even have any special parts made up at the local metal shop or get
panels ordered in time for this meet.
Once the major body work is done, I can work out the minor imperfections
over the following week or so.
My son is volunteering to paint the car as his part. His buddy will be
doing the final wet sanding and buffing.

The second meet will be to assemble the Holy Sprite some time in late
October or early November.
This should give me plenty of time to get all the stuff we need to
assemble it.
Seats recovered, make up some interior panels, get the carpet and vinyl
so we can make an interior.
Put on some brakes, shocks, install engine and trans, and make it run,
drive, stop, and look good.
The colors chosen by Father Jack are OEW with a dark blue interior and
white piping on the seats.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ