[Spridgets] happy motor?

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Sat Aug 16 17:49:59 MDT 2008

Bill,

These engines (as most European engines of that time) need to run at
higher RPM's.  They do not have any umps at low RPM's and indeed this
tends to tear them up.  2K RPM has always been my lower limit unless
there is a load then 2.5-3K is the lower limit.  For a stock engine
3-5K RPM is a happy place.

Just my two cents

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition