[Spridgets] Hood frame tie downs

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 14 22:36:48 MDT 2008

Leo, you are saying that the two stow straps are made of leather?

I think that is wrong.  I am looking at an orignal BMC factory photo in Eric
Dymock's book "The Sprites and Midgets" and they are clearly webbing and not leather.
The quotation next to the image states "Two webbing straps were provided to hold the folded
hood fabric in place."

Furthermore, the webbing ends in the photo are clearly covered with the folded sheetmetal to prevent the
webbing from fraying.  This would not be the case if the straps were made of leather.

They are not "belt" style buckles, but a slider like the one I have indicated previously.

These photos do not show the center bow strap very well.  It is lighter color and I cannot see the buckle.
But I am willing to believe it is made of leather, since it is lighter in color and in one photo it looks to have
taken a set.