[Spridgets] Holy Sprite Update-Hello From Ohio

John Kuzman jjkan5 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 06:19:15 MDT 2008

Well, Holt Sprite is resting comfortably in my garage in Southwest Ohio. I
thought I had better back it into the garage last night for fear of hearing
the neighbors saying, "Good Lord, he got another one!"
It was great to see David and Trish again. Last saw them at LotO. Of course,
it should come as no surprise that barefoot David and Trish towed the Holy
Sprite from just west of St. Louis to south of Indianapolis with a Miata!
David and I carefully plotted a meeting place which would avoid Indy rush hour
traffic, only to have a road closure when we were about 5 miles apart. After a
slight detour, we met up near Bluff Creek, IN about 6:15 pm.
David is taking the tires from Holy Sprite, so when the tires were taken off
the front of the trailer (and with the 1500 gone), the trailer was back heavy.
We moved Holy Sprite forward on the trailer about 6 in. and all was well.
Towed great at 58-62 mph. About 2 hours into my return trip, David called my
cell to inform me that he still had the safety pin for the trailer latch! I
will replace that today. I need to also add an extension to the flat 4 plug.
All trailer lights worked fine when I left David and Trish, but a passerby
informed me that the lights were out. The first right-hand turn pulled the
plug out. Easy fix.
We will be heading out of the West Chester, Ohio area Friday around noon and
will meet up with Bud in Cambridge, UK!!!  Nope, that's Cambridge, Ohio. After
that, just a trip across the Keystone State and on to Frank's for an extreme
makeover.
John Kuzman