[Spridgets] 3/4" v. 7/8" MC

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Thu Aug 14 00:10:18 MDT 2008

For my two cents I think there are several errors here.  Assuming the
same size brake line, which for us is normal, the 7/8 piston is
attempting to push more fluid through the line for an equal piston
travel which I think means that the line pressure goes up - - - Frank
locking up his rear wheels ? ? ?  The pedal pressure probably goes up
for the same reason.  The salve piston is mechanically limited so its
travel can not change, it just has more pressure being applied.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition