[Spridgets] carb question

Jethro (JFoster) tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:53:38 MDT 2008

My '73 Midget has been fitted by a previous owner with a DellOrto DHLA 40G
carb on a Cannon 805 intake.

It's running rich and has an occasional drip from the carb so I've been
trying to find a rebuild kit but no one around my area has heard of the carb
or been able to locate a rebuild kit.  Google wasn't much help either but I
did finally find a drawing showing which screw is the mixture adjustment
(haven't tried tweaking it just yet figuring it really needs a rebuild
anyway).

Have any of you got pointers to someone who might be able to help, or should
I just dump this and try to find an original intake with SU carbs?