[Spridgets] Auto rummage sale

Fisher or Elizabeth Jones fisher at hctc.net
Wed Aug 6 21:40:27 MDT 2008

   Just  a  heads-up for those of you who might be interested.  Following
   the heart attack which Fisher suffered at the end of June, his general
   condition  has worsened.  Doug Doidge, a long-time friend of Fisher's,
   and  a CVAR racer, has very kindly offered to help me to divest myself
   of  the  balance of the 'collection' of Fisher's auto parts etc.  I am
   almost entirely absorbed in caring for Fisher, but Doug has offered to
   make himself available, and another friend may also be here.  Doug has
   posted the following message on the CVAR mailing list:-
   GARAGE/YARD/RUMMAGE SALE OF IMPORT CARS AND PARTS

   August 16-17, near Comfort, Texas, 8AM to 5PM.  Sprite,

   Midget, MGB, Triumph, Jaguar, BMW, etc.  Bodies, engines,

   transmissions, rear-ends, etc.  Bring your trucks, trailers, tools

   (we have no loaners), and some help for loading.  Everything

   goes at 10 cents per lb. - if you don't buy it, the recycler will!

   Contact me for directions to the location.
   Douglas Doidge <dougdoidge at live.com>
   I  have  not  had  any  time to care for the property, so the grass is
   tall,  and the weeds are taller.  It will be hot, dirty, thirsty work.
   I  would  really like to get rid of everything, so then at least I may
   be  able  to  get  someone  in  to  tidy  the place up a bit, and have
   somewhere to house the cars that I want to keep.  Please be aware that
   most  of  these  items have been here for some time, some under cover,
   some  not - none of the body parts have been undercover, for instance.
   The  pole  barn is piled high with an assortment of pieces, to include
   various   blocks   in   indeterminate   condition.    There  are  used
   transmissions galore, again, condition unknown.  If any of it might be
   of use to you, you might consider coming to have a look.
   elizabeth