[Spridgets] Update - BRISBANE MARINA BRITISH CAR MEET - Sept. 6 & 7, 2008

rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 6 17:29:56 MDT 2008

NEW WEBSITE:
        www.allcarcentral.com/thebritishcarnetwork.html

LODGING ALTERNATIVES

Dear British Motorhead,

We have checked out the lodging situation in the Brisbane area for people who
live far enough away to stay overnight for a night or two for a more relaxed
weekend. Carole Burton, the official British meet travel agent, got us a DEAL
at the Radisson Hotel, right in the Brisbane Marina!

The Radisson is a very upscale, business type hotel with gourmet restaurant.
We have special British Car Meet rate of $109 per day, Friday, Saturday or
Sunday. Address, 5000 Sierra Point Parkway, Brisbane, Phone 415-467-4400.
Ask for the British Car Meet rates.

More local North Bay lodging on our website:
             www.allcarcentral.com/thebritishcarnetwork.html

Best,

Rick Feibusch
310-392-6605
Meet Coordinator

NEW WEBSITE:
         www.allcarcentral.com/thebritishcarnetwork.html

THE BRISBANE MARINA BRITISH CAR MEET * 2008
The Weekend Of Saturday & Sunday * Sept. 6th & 7th

Join your British car friends for a smashing day at the Brisbane Marina at
Sierra Point. Over 300 quirky, classic, and lovable British cars will once
again gather in the Bay Area for our 31st Annual British Car Meet. Don't have
a show car? Don't worry! Daily drivers, vintage racers, street rods and
works-in-progress are as welcome as Concours quality show cars. This is
essentially the old Palo Alto British Meet in a new location. We are also
expecting another great display of automotive oddities provided by the
Arcane Auto Society. Spectators attend and park for free.

SUNDAY SHOW - BRISBANE MARINA - SEPTEMBER 7th

Cars will be placed at 9:00AM and the fun goes on all day. The food will be
handled by the Brisbane Lions Club and the Sierra Point Yacht Club will open
their doors on Sunday for a reasonable, sit-down breakfast  Herb Gibson's
Jazz Orchestra will be back again, set up just outside the Yacht Club. There
is no preregistration. There will be marque awards in over 15 classes and all
entrants will receive a commemorative gift. The registration fee is $25 per
car at the gate.

SATURDAY TOUR - SEPTEMBER 6th

The British Car Meet TOUR TO THE SEA starts at the Brisbane Marina boathouse
(the same place as the Sunday Car Show) and winds through the hills to the
sea. Itbs no-cost option for people who like to drive their cars as well as
show them. We will be sending cars off between 9:00AM and 10:30AM.  A detailed
map will be provided. The tour ends at Cameron's Pub in Half Moon Bay where we
will be kicking tyres and telling tall tales in the car park well into the
afternoon.

DIRECTIONS:

The Brisbane Marina is lacated just east of the Bayshore Freeway
(101) between San Francisco and the SF Airport/Highway 380. Just
take the Brisbane/Sierra Point Exit and follow the signs to the
Marina. Trailer parking will be available on-site.

Call for information:  310-392-6605
e-mail: Brisbane Marina 2008 <rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net>
Website:
http://www.allcarcentral.com/thebritishcarnetwork.html