[Spridgets] Clutch carbon bearing

Weslake1330 at aol.com Weslake1330 at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 15:07:02 MDT 2008

Ok, this is very interesting.

India is the new China?

I have a carbon bearing for the 1275 with less than 500 miles on it.
Measuring from the pivot point to the metal facing the measurement is half an  inch.
 The same measurement on the old worn out carbon bearing is three  quarters
of an inch.

In other words the new carbon bearing has a quarter inch further to travel
than the correct bearing.  Given there is only a quarter inch of carbon on  the
near bearing it gives almost identical symptons of a worn out bearing
straight out of the box.

The obvious cure is that the new bearing needs a slave push rod a quarter  of
an inch longer than the standard push rod.

W E S L A K E 1330

In a message dated 05/08/2008 21:41:26 GMT Daylight Time, jlaird237 at cox.net