[Spridgets] cruise control

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Wed Apr 30 14:25:03 MDT 2008

FWIW --- my experience ...

I recently had to rent a Nissan Altima for two weeks - an idiot ran a red light
and wiped the front off of my vehicle!!
Driving the Nissan around town, lots of stop-start driving and using the
cruise control as much as possible (even for as short as ~4 blocks) I got
29.6 mpg.

Do not use cruise control for going up-hill.... if there is no traffic behind you
it is better to use constant throttle position and lose a bit of speed....
because the cruise control witll increase throttle position to maintain speed
and thus uses more gas..

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA