[Spridgets] Electrical Problem

Maxime Slegers max at maxengland.com
Fri Apr 25 09:27:40 MDT 2008

Hello everyone!

I have a start up problem with my 1968 midget. when i turn the key to
start the engine the starter motor turns but the engine doesnt spark up.
It's only when I release the key that it does fire up. It's as though the
plugs only made a spark at the exact moment when I release the key. It's
not such a big issue as i always end up managing to fire up the engine,
but i have to rate if i've held the key long enough before releasing it.

Anybody had that problem before or has an idea where it could come from?

Thanks a lot guys!

Max