[Spridgets] Race Bugeye for sale

David Ramsey dwramsey at att.net
Fri Apr 18 20:08:16 MDT 2008

I know that car well. If you flew into Reno International airport in the
last 20 years it was the one on the northwest end of the runway. It belonged
to John Wassam of John's British Cars.  John was the guy you took your bug-I
to for a $50k "restoration" in Reno.  As to the car itself, it may have been
completive in the 70's, but I doubt it has been raced since then. I haven't
seen John or the car in years, but would assume it was cobbled together from
old parts lying around his shop and not built to win races today. That being
said, please use extreme caution dealing with the lot selling this car.
These guys make a living out of selling fake "restored" cars for Hot August
Nights and make Cal Worthington in SoCal look like the saint of used car
salesman. If I was looking for any classic type car this would be the last
place I would look. So unless you want to pay top dollar for back lot car
stay away.  Ask me offline and I'll tell you how I really feel.

                        Crash