[Spridgets] Distributors

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu Apr 17 18:12:55 MDT 2008

I have the guts of three Midget distributors lying on my table.  Two of the three guts are different.  Only one has a working vacuum advance, but that one has a 1/8" hole punched out of the side.  I will make one out of the best of the pieces.

1.  Am I better off to patch the hole with epoxy, or move the vacuum advance to another body?  If I move it, how do I get it reset properly?
2.  I have a 13 degree centrifugal advance with weaker springs and an 18 degree advance with stronger springs.  Which is better and why?
3.  The manual says I should have a maximum advance in the mid 20 degrees.  Why are these marked less?

Michael Rowe
Long Island, NY