[Spridgets] Identifying a Pre-Smog '67 1275 ?

bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com
Sun Apr 13 17:45:39 MDT 2008

> At one point in time I did take a look at the casting number on the head but
> can no longer remember what it was.
>
> Any other hints as to how I might identify this engine?
The pre-smog engines have no air rail holes in the head. They have gennys instead of alts and the approriate brackets for such. The T-stat housing is for a downflow rad (faces the pass side) and does not have an ear on it for the smog pump. The exhaust manifold is the clamp style, not the later 3 stud style. They have the cannister type oil fliters, not the spin on. The valve cover has the plastic cap with the plastic lanyard attached. I realize that you don't have an engine tag but they were all 12CC engines.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye

PS - anybody need a 1975 shell?