[Spridgets] SU needle question

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 11 09:18:21 MDT 2008

I live on the Ontario / Quebec border.  There is an additional 10 cents tax
on the Quebec side, though I think with x miles of the border they are
exempt from charging it so that they don't lose sales to Ontario.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Bill L <pythias at pacifier.com>

Hello Rrengineer,

      the prices at the pump in some very small measure reflect the
      difference in the state taxes levied, but not as much as the tax
      itself. I used to live in N.Y. about THREE miles from the border
      with Conneticut. The NY tax on a gallon of gas was, if i recall
      about 14 cents. the price at the pump, two stations, three miles
      apart.. 1 or 2 cents. .. ..

      this is EASY to check out for those who live in the New England
      Area. The states are so TINY. Harder to do for those of us THIS
      side of the Mississippi River.

--
Best regards,
  Bill                            mailto:pythias at pacifier.com
  '66 Sprite
   Anyone who hates children and dogs can't be all bad.