[Spridgets] Soft top

David Riker davriker at nwi.net
Thu Apr 10 22:02:53 MDT 2008

About 5 years ago, I bought a very expensive cloth top with zip out rear
window from LBC car co.  When I received it, I was impressed with everything
but the plastic windows.  They felt thin and cheap.  My fears were accurate,
as in the first 6 months, they began to yellow.  The top is kept down, and
the car is always garaged except when driving, which has been no more than
15,000 miles in 5 years.  This spring when I went to raise the top, the side
plastic window cracked.  The plastic on the Robbins tops, and the Crown tops
is much thicker and I have had them last 8-10 years with no problem.
David Riker