[Spridgets] Gearbox noise?

Adrian Jones adrianjones747 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 8 18:05:23 MDT 2008

Hi folks,
This is in a 1500 Midget.  There is a continuous noise, getting louder by the day, that is hard to describe.  Sort of a cross between a whistle and a gargle.  Sitting in the car, it semms it is coming from the the gearbox.  Can't really hear it from under the hood.
The noise is there with the car moving or stationary. It doesn't go away pushing the clutch pedal in and out (car stationary) so it doesn't seem to me that it could come from the gearbox.  I checked the gearbox oil level anyway and its fine.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Cheers,  Adrian (smelling of EP 90)