[Spridgets] How to press bearing into doublebearing hub

dmeadow at juno.com dmeadow at juno.com
Thu Apr 3 15:22:16 MST 2008

Mike,

I use something called Loctite 680 Retaining Compound when installing
bearings.  It is supposed secure the bearing, particularly when it is a
looser fit.  It won't keep a really loose bearing from spinning in the
hub, but it might prevent one from pushing out (and pushing your seal
out).  It will also provide some lubrication on installation.

The flat face of the seal should face "out" of the bearing housing.  The
"cupped face" will be towards the bearing.  Be careful not to knock off
the spring that goes around the inner seal piece!

David Littlefield