[Spridgets] roll bar deluge

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:03:51 MDT 2007

I had an Autopower roll bar for a Miata.  They're good stuff.  I now
have a Hard Dog that you could probably drive a tank over and not
collapse.  It took about 5 hours to install, though.

Most Spridget roll bars are 1.75 tubing with .120 wall.  A good mount
foot print and backing plates make roll bars even better.  If you have
one made, go for as high as you can get and still clear your top
choice.  Your windshield will collapse in virtually any rollover
situation.  So, your cranium will have the area formed by a line from
the fenders/hood area to the roll bar.

Roll bars can be shipped via UPS or Greyhound.  For UPS it is best to
just box in the ends with cardboard and leave the top part exposed, so
they can grab it like a handle.

Use grade 5 or 8 hardware and at least 3/16 backing plates.
Cheers,
Derf