[Spridgets] PCV

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 18:03:44 MDT 2007

The easiest way to vent the system and looks really great is to go out and buy an EMPI breather set. (I got mine on ebay) Put one fitting in the cover where the mechanical fuel pump goes and the other into the valve cover and put on a sealed oil cap. I don't have the timing cover with the breather on it, I don't like the looks of it.

  Vigil

Andy Webster <a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
  Greetings,
I probably should have asked this much earlier....but oh well..

My 1275, now has a belt drive cam...and thus no crankcase breather on the timing cover.. and of course no side covers and no breather there.

There is however, a breather on the valve cover.

Considering that the 1098 sucks air out of the crankcase, just above the lifters, and the pushrod holes are quite open.. I figure I should be able to vent the engine sufficiently via the breather on the rocker cover.. but i may want to widen the tiny hole (~2mm - 3mm now) in the breather pipe.

Has anyone done this and found it to be succesful or otherwise?

Cheers
Andy
(should be at All-British Display right now...but..."needs must, when the Devil vomits into your kettle".....or jams your ribcase in first... whichever the case may be.)

Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it now.
uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com

Edit your replies

http://www.team.net/archive